This dish might look very normal but I would still like to share it with you.
A can of sardines in tomato sauce is usually useful when you have other meat left over in your fridge. I always have it in the cupboard along with packets of vermicelli noodle.
enthusiastic about chilli.
Ingredients (serve 2-3pp)
• 1 packet of 40g glass noodles (I recommend “Pine brand (Ton Sorn)” noodles), soaked in water until softened (around 8-10 mins)
• 1 small can of sardines in tomato sauce
• Crushed dried chilli as desired
• 2-3 shallots crushed
• 1 lemongrass, cut diagonally into 3 parts
• 4-5 kafir lime leaves
• 3 spring onions, cut in 4cm long
• 1 tbsp fish sauce or anchovies sauce
• 2 cup of water
1. Place the water into the saucepan and bring it to boil.
2. Add lemongrass, kafir lime leave, chilli and shallots. Keep boiling for another 3 mins.
3. Add sardines including the sauce followed by glass noodles. Keep cooking for another 4 -5 mins
4. Add fish sauce and spring onion then turn the heat off.