Kanom Bau Loyขนมบัวลอยมันเทศ Glutenous rice flour dumpling with sweet potato in sweet coconut cream.
This Thai dessert has a sweet and creamy taste. It is very easy to make. I even remember making it when I was at school. Originally it featured taro root instead of sweet potato, but now there are many varieties. Instead of using sweet potato you can use carrot or beetroot, which will give you a different colour.
Ingredients (Serve 4)
• 200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
• 1cup of glutinous rice flour
• 1 cup of coconut cream mixed with 1/2 cup of water
• 3 tbsp. coconut cream to mix with the flour
• 1/4 cup of sugar, increased or decreases as desired.
• A pinch of salt