I think many of you may search for recipes for finger food to share among friends and family. This may be for morning or afternoon tea, for a party in the backyard or Christmas pot luck party. Here is a food I like to bring and people seem to really enjoy. The dish is a little twist on a classic Thai dish, red curry.
So please let me share with you my Thai red curry sausage rolls. Sausage rolls are a favourite party food, and adding red curry paste gives it a slight kick. I’m sure your guests and whoever you cook this for will really enjoy these special sausage rolls.
2 ready roll puff pastry, defrosted
500g sausage mince
2 clove garlic, chopped
½ medium size onion, diced
½ carrots granted
1-1.5 tbsp. Red curry paste
½ tsp Palm sugar
1 tbsp. fish sauce or a little salt to taste.
1 tbsp. Oil
¼ cup Panko bread crumbed or normal bread crumbed
1 egg plus 1 yolk, beaten
¼ cup chopped spring onion and coriander
Black and white sesame seed for sprinkle
Tomato sauce or Sweet chilli sauce to serve.
- Preheat oven 190 c fan force and prepare baking tray.
- Using a fry pan add oil and garlic. Fry for a few minutes then add onions.
- Add red curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Season with palm sugar and fish sauce.
- Turn off the heat, leave to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, add sausage mince, red curry mixer from step no.5
- Add breadcrumb, chopped coriander and spring onion to the bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut ready-rolled puff pastry in half length ways.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 parts and spread along the length of each pastry leaving a 1 cm on both edge.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage mixture and brush the ends with beaten egg to secure.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces or more if you prefer smaller piece then place on a baking sheet.
- Brush over the pastry with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 mins until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the meat has cooked through.
- Remove the sausage roll from the oven and serve with tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce.