This dish is turmeric chicken skewers, which are particularly well suited to Australian summers. This is our family’s favourite dish. I have cooked this dish many times and I am always satisfied.
•500g diced chicken thighs
•6 clove garlic (small)or 4 big clove
•1/2 tsp white pepper
•1/2 tsp salt
•1 tsp sugar
•1 tbsp turmeric powder
•2 tbsp oyster sauce
•12 bamboo skewers
1. Using mortar and pesto grind together garlic, white pepper and salt until a paste is formed.
2. Add the paste from 1. into the chicken then add sugar, turmeric and oyster sauce then mix well.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hr.
4. Thread the chicken onto the skewers like making a “kebab”.
5. The chicken skewers are ready to grill or BBQ over medium heat until slightly charred on the outside and cooked through on the inside.