Sweet and sour sauce creates a rare Thai dish that features no chilli and results in a plain taste. This makes it perfect for anyone seeking a break from fiery flavours. This dish highlights squid stuffed with pork mince and sweet & sour sauce, which may take a bit of work but I can confirm it is worth making.
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp coriander root
1 tsp white pepper
200g pork mince
1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp stock
(sorry the video say 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, but it is only 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup pineapple
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup tomatoes
1/2 cup spring onion
1. Using mortar and pesto grind together garlic, white pepper and coriander roots until a paste is formed.
2. Add the paste from 1. into the pork mince and mix well.
3. Stuff the pork mince inside the squid then steam for 7 minutes
4. While steaming the squid mix all ingredients for the sauce and set aside
5. In a pan add cooking oil then garlic and sliced onion and fry until fragrant.
6. Add vegetables (except spring onion) and mix well
7. Add sauce and bring it to the boil
8. Add steamed squid and mix well. Add spring onion and turn the heat off. Done!
Here is a video how to make it. Happy cooking!