Spicy salad, or “Yum” in Thai language, is a very popular dish. There are so many varieties of salad and you can add almost anything you like in the dish.
I love salad and this is one of the best. The dish is glass noodles salad(traditional style). The glass noodles are made from mung beans, and you can usually find a dried version.
Let’s look more closely at the ingredients.
- 1 pack of glass noodles (soaked in water for 7 mins)
- 2 tbsp peanuts, fried
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, fried
- 1 tbsp garlic, fried
- 1/2 cup chicken breast, mince
- Chopped chilli and chilli powder as required
- Lime juice, to taste (I used nearly 1 lime)
- Fish sauce, to taste (I used around 2 tbsp)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Chopped spring onion, chopped Asian celery or coriander.
- Cooked prawns (as you like)
“There are so many varieties of salad and you can add almost anything you like in the dish”
- Soak dried noodles in the water for around 7 minutes.
- Fry the peanuts,and dried shrimps, set aside then fry chopped garlic and keep the oil together with the garlic.
- Add minced chicken breast in a small pot with a little bit of water. I also added some powder stock to enhance the flavour, but this is optional.
- Boil a pot of water and then cook the noodles until translucent. Remove the noodles from the water, then add prawns in the pot until cooked.
- Add the noodles in a bowl then just cut the noodles a few times so you do not end up with long and difficult to eat noodles.
- Add garlic and oil to the noodles and mix well.
- Add chicken then seasoning with lime juice and fish sauce and keep tasting until satisfied. Note: This recipe has no sugar, but after trying it if you think it needs sugar you can add it.
- Add fried peanuts, fried dried shrimps, cooked prawns, sliced onion, chopped spring onion and chopped Asian celery.
Here is the video for you to follow. Happy cooking!