This is probably the easiest Thai entrée’ I have ever made. It was really fun to make and also looks elegant and tasty.
I really encourage you to try to make it in your kitchen.
- Prawns, peeled and deveined . Gently cut them open to ensure the seasoning is placed inside. Each prawn makes 1 spring roll, so use as many you like.
- Spring roll wraps. I use a larger size (250mm). Cut diagonally twice to get 4 triangle sheets from 1 big sheet
- 1 egg yolk to make the edge of the wrap sticky
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Season prawns with salt and pepper.
- Refer to the wrapping pictures below as a guide to wrapping the spring rolls.
- Use the egg yolk to stick the edges.
- Heat up a small saucepan with oil and deep fry the prawn spring rolls until golden brown and crispy. Serve while hot, with sweet chilli sauce available.
Note: You can freeze the uncooked prawn spring rolls.